To generate awareness and create a positive economic impact by marketing The Greater Rock Falls IL area as a regionally, nationally and internationally recognized year-round preferred tourist destination.
The fundamental mission of Rock Falls Tourism is to develop economic prosperity & vibrant growth for the local economy through promoting and marketing The Greater Rock Falls Area to meeting & convention visitors, business & leisure travelers, group travel and special events. By developing quality marketing programs and events, Rock Falls Tourism will attract overnight lodging visitors and stimulate economic development and growth.
Tourism opportunities in Rock Falls will continue to grow and be recognized as a recreational and event destination outside the Sauk Valley Area.
- Assist and promote the development of tourism and recreational opportunities in Rock Falls and Whiteside County
- Strengthen co-operation among tourism and recreational related operations in Rock Falls and Whiteside County
- Partner with Illinois State and other regional tourism organizations to further tourism awareness
- Partner with local businesses and organizations to strengthen the economic impact of the tourism industry to the community
- Create an effective advertising campaign to promote tourism opportunities in Rock Falls and Whiteside County
- Create and distribute local and regional tourism information to the public utilizing innovative techniques and resources
- Foster higher standards of service by tourism-related businesses and cultivate a better understanding of the economic and social value of tourism to the local consuming public
- Operate Rock Falls Tourism in a fiscally responsible way to achieve the mission of the organization