2017 marks the 30th anniversary of Rock Falls' Hometown Holidays. Each year is packed full of tradition, right alongside new events and festive fun. The smell of fresh pine, the sounds of laughter in the air, lights twinkling and friendly smiles along the streets, means it is time for Hometown Holidays in Rock Falls. Join us for a variety of unique activities for all ages, November 16th-18th.
HOLIDAY BINGO Thursday Nov. 15
- Doors Open at 4PM | Games start at 6PM
- Rock Falls American Legion
- The Jackpot prize is over $1,000 in gift cards to local businesses.
- Get your tickets online or at the door, but hurry, they're selling fast!
UPTOWN CHRISTMAS WALK Friday Nov. 16
- Downtown Riverfront Businesses | 5:30PM - 8:00PM
- 5:30 PM - Candle-lit Love Light Cerimony in the Love Light Tree parking lot.
- Meet Santa & Mrs.Clause, Elsa, Anna and Olaf with FREE activities for all ages
- Snuggle up on a horse drawn wagon ride
- Gather the family up for a family photo at the selfie booth
- Take the uptown walk around the 50+ businesses/non profits that provide activities, door prizes, samples and treats!
TWIN CITIES HOLIDAY PARADE Saturday Nov. 17
- Join Us at 1PM
- Starts in Sterling on East 4th Street, near the Grandon Civic Center, heading west to Locust Street, and south across the 1st Avenue Bridge into Rock Falls, continuing down 1st Avenue, turning West on 5th Street to its ending point at Merrill School.
- Enjoy the festive parade as Santa and his reindeer wave to the children of the community.
- 2PM -3PM Children’s Party with Santa at Merrill School. Take photos with Santa, enjoy treats, games, and holiday cheer.