The Sterling Theater opened to great acclaim in 1925, bringing Vaudeville stage acts to the Sauk Valley Region. Coming into existence towards the waning days of Vaudeville, the Sterling Theater was soon converted into a movie theater. In 1944, the light tower, which serves as a beacon for entertainment in downtown Sterling was installed. Over the years various improvements were made, but by the early 1980’s downtown theaters across American began to struggle and for many years the Sterling Theater did as well. In 2013, the Theatre Management Group from re-launched the Sterling Theaters and now operates the nostalgic venue with modern amenities. Check out their new "Brew-N-View" Menu!